Re: [WW] Some problems I've have Blood on the Rhine WW world source book

Comments below.

--Jacques (Chris' friend)

"Will a broken skeleton key open a broken door?"

>First off I like the WW2 Weird Wars setting but I've have some problems
>with
>the first source book Blood on the Rhine.
>     The first is with the D20 system, I personally don't like it why
>couldn't you use the old system.

(1) Assuming you mean the Deadlands system, it isn't the old system for this
game. This is a new game. New game, new system.

(2) Assuming you mean D&D, if they're going to put the d20 logo on it, and
use info from the OGL, they HAVE to use 3rd ed. They have no choice.

I'd just like to add the Weird Wars is the first non-fantasy d20 game out
there that WORKS (I've looked at Star Wars, and it's an unholy mess. Is old
George well stocked on his heart pills, Wes?). They should be commended for
being the first ones to think outside the box, and for taking the time and
effort needed to do it properly.

>The second problem is the Metal rewards

(ITYM "medal," BTW. HTH.)

>system, Who ever worked on it should be shot. Each Ally Country had more
>Metals then listed in that source book, You also left out the Knightly
>Metals as well. I know for a fact that Canada has at least six Metals,

I don't think the award list is meant to be a comprehensive list of ALL
awards given out by the respective military countries...and for the list to
be streamlined enough that you don't have to spend hours working out if they
fit the criteria for said medals, it needs to be kinda short and to the
point.

You are, of course, perfectly able to make the list more complicated if you
have the requisite knowledge, but expecting (if not demanding) PEG to do it
for you is demanding a bit much, don't you think?

>Thirdly the shadowing of Canadian Armed and Air forces in the Blood of the
>Rhine source book. Compared to what the Americans did and done, At least in
>this source book Canadians were mention very little.  Now as a Canadian
>myself this make me a little tense,

<rolling saving throw against getting hackles raised>

<rolled an 18. just made it>

This is almost akin to me going on the Tribe8 list and getting angry because
Canada is the only place that appears to have survived in their game world.
SURELY we, with our vastly superior firepower and military intelligence
would survive before Montreal would (please insert tongue firmly into cheek
while reading the previous sentence).

For one thing, the main book is not the place to go into every niggling
detail of the war. Japan is hardly mentioned either, and THEY had a lot to
do with what went on in WWII, as did Russia (who is also kind of glossed
over).

The above is NOT to say that Canada wasn't involved, or that (in history)
its contribution was necessarily minor (I seem to only be able to retain
history in fantasy worlds, and not IRL, so my WWII knowledge is highly
dubious at best), but that in the Grand Scheme of Thinngs [tm], especially
as it pertains to the BASIC BOOK FOR THE GAME, it won't get as many words as
the US and Germany.

Maybe there's more coming in a forthcoming book, or MAYBE you'll have to
make it up yourself. Again, demanding that PEG should write their basic book
according to your personal tastes and biases doesn't really make sense, does
it?

>Fourthly Rune Magic it's good for the
>Nazis and the O.S.I. But I don't see a Canadian reaching into a bag and
>using Runes. That's why I made my character a Freemason, I don't believe
>that the Son of Solomon weren't the only mystical and secret society in WW2
>Weird War world.

Fair enough, I suppose, but if that's the paradigm that people have learned,
THAT'S the one they're going to know. PEG certainly isn't saying that it's
the only one that DOES work...just that it's the only one that is KNOWN to
work, and here's how.

Again, you are of course free to change things however you'd like to (are
you sensing a pattern here?).