Re: [WW] Weird Wars Problems - Savage Worlds - D20 Modern

Joey Fanning wrote:
> If I can interject here, Mr. Canuck, the instant replies to dissenting
> e-mails are starting to look bad for you.  Almost as bad a ME.  While one

Its not dissenting opinions, its telling me my opinion is trash, and
backing it up with craziness.  I mention that I would have liked a
little Guns for dummies in the book, and I get the "We don't need
extensive technical manuals."  Disagree, but don't argue against me
pretending I said something I didn't.  If you took out all the
information on the guns and simply had point and shoot as the mechanic,
it wouldn't be as good as it already is.  Its nice to know which guns
had bayonet plugs, which ones were silent, or have an increased chance
of jamming.  Or guns that really don't jam, but instead a guy might have
forgotten to but a bullet in the chamber.

I DON'T want to read through an extensive technical manual, which is
WHY, I would have liked a little extra info.  If I wanted an extensive
manual, I'd get one.  Hey, I wouldn't even mind a couple sentences on
how they work.  It's important if a gun tends to fail in the rain
because of its design.  Or that can be submerged and run fine.  How
about the miles it can be heard from?

Anyhow, as I said before, it's irrelevant since the book is already
out.  It was a response to comments about expecting problems with WW
products.  I noted that the errors are something I can live with, but I
would have liked white background for the reference sheets, along with
guns for dummies.

The other thing is when a player knows more about guns than you do.
"These guns don't do that."  "How could this gun do that?"

> can easily gain information on any time period with libraries, the History
> Channel, and the Internet, it's good to have in a book because, well, that's

I wasn't arguing with that.  I liked the history material there.

Cap