[werewolf] Re: message counter

I agree with Incyr, that it should be TURN dot COUNTER WITHIN TURN. First, we already agree that it is helpful to have the turn number as part of the counter. Once the turn number is in use, however, having the next number be the count from the start of the game is almost useless.

The only thing missing (and the lack of it will eventually mess up sorting) is to have leading zeroes for the turn number. Otherwise, once we get to turn 10, we'll run into trouble.

Mark Ballinger writes:

How are people feeling about the message counter:

Werewolfbite chat 2 (Msg 06.0137) from incyr

Right now it's giving turn number - dot - counter from start of game.

Lee Griffin writes:

The message numbering is cool as is (turn/total).  I may be in the
minority, but I don't see the value in numbering each message sent in
a turn per type. Also, I don't see the need for numbering the "secret"
messages, even though it does would it a pain in gmail for those few
roles.  But that's by two cents.

incyr writes:

Also, regarding the chat numbers. Not that it really matters, but I was wondering if it wouldn't make more sense to have the number be:

turn.#inturn

So this message would be 6.003, not 6.0139.