Re: [werewolf] Turn numbering & such

Well, you'll only have to deal with c04.003 if you're mafia (contract). I was assuming the prefixes would only be in place for the non-villager chats. With multi-roles, that might be a bigger issue.

If we want to do turn.total, why have the turn at all then?

And yes, I'm partially playing devil's advocate on this... I'm just trying to get arguments out there for each method, so that we have something substantial to go on when the time comes to make the final decision.

Lee Griffin wrote:

All valid points.  The only thing I'm thinking about is if the counter
reset after each turn, it may become more difficult for proper
refrencing of prior events.
Example:  Say I'm a mason.  It's turn 4.  I have to deal with c04.003,
m04.010 and whatever else is thrown out.  After awhile, the "prefix"
letter will be lost to the eyes.  By keeping a running tally of all
messages sent, it just seems easier (IMO).

Just to clarify, I'm not against the letter prefix, just the message
count reset each turn.