Re: [werewolf] Turn numbering & such

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 11:07:56AM -0400, Ian Cyr wrote:
> Well, wasn't the whole point of numbering the messages to help those
> using g-mail and other assorted similar facilities?

Yes.  So that's what I'm aiming to solve.

> I'd vote for numbering most of the messages sent.  I had offered up the
> suggestion a while back of doing h1.x, c1.x, s1.x, m1.x etc. for howls,
> contract, seer, mason respectively.  Those I think we could do
> throughout the entire game without numbering them each turn... just a
> running counter for each.  Kills, info, disguise don't need to be
> numbered, I don't think, although kills could be numbered in with the
> howls/contracts I guess, if we're doing votes in with chats.
>
> As for the chats, I was just asking re: turn.total or turn.totalinturn.
> It makes no difference to me, but it might be easier to reference a
> single message in that turn.  Or not.  I like to keep things well
> organized like that, so it's just me.

This still leaves the votes and chats separated from each other, does it not?  Will we have to do something like:

Werewolf Board 2 (06.050) Chat from incyr **
Werewolf Board 2 (06.051) Vote from incyr **

We could then smarten up the inbound message processing to drop the parens and contents and drop "Board" and replace it with the command after the parens.

I'd also have a settable option to turn off the numbering.