Re: [DL] Agency/Ghost Busters

> One thing I was hoping for but did not see was ideas for having Agency
> Personnel work with people with ABs.  I always had the (possibly false)
> impression that people with ABs are generally delt with very
> strongly.  Sadly, this seems to make them poor partners for many Posses,
as
> I would guess more Posses then not have ABs.

I perhaps could have been more clear in that area, but you're largely
correct. The Agency doesn't employ too many ABs (outside of a few mad
scientists); the Library has been subsumed into the Academy. A few Agency
hucksters do exist, but they're the exception rather than the rule, for
reasons discussed in Hucksters & Hexes (hexes aren't always reliable in a
tight spot).

As to posse members with ABs, it largely depends on the threat level posed
by the practitioner. A Class 1-C Green, for instance would likely be viewed
as a potential "asset"; even a Yellow might be "turned" if possessed of
valuable abilities. OTOH, a Red or a Black are going right down. :-)

I actually tried to be as vague as possible here, in light of prior
information regarding the Agency's choices and consideration of posse
playability. The organization has been depicted as rather...specific in its
goals in prior pubs; I wanted to keep that, but still leave enough blank
spots to let posse members work together.

Right now, we've got a bit of tension in our own group as the agent (who's
also Loyal) has to juggle his assessment of a posse member he now knows to
be Harrowed against proven "good" actions and his own friendship ties.

Remember that the Agency, while a "good" group doesn't always make the right
choices. Part of the fun in playing an Agency member is the conflict this
may cause. That and coming up with the cover story to explain the ravaging
werewolf. :-)

> I also noted nothing on
> AB-holding Pinks.  Did I just miss it? (its really possible)

Nope. The Agency book presents the "training manuals" for starting agents.
The organization doesn't present the fact that it sometimes bends its own
rules to newbies--it might cause them all sorts of interal conflicts. (see
above) :-)

Valid points all, and ones that perhaps I could have paid a little more
attention to in the book. Still, I hope my comments help shed light on what
I was trying to pull off.

John