[PyrNet-L] New puppy

I recently bought a Pyr puppy and wish I had found this list sooner. I guess
you could say, I did everything wrong. I didn't research the breed beforehand,
brought the pup home too early, and was unsure how to discipline her. I
considered sending her back to the breeder. I got the feeling, the breeder did
not want her back as she had another litter she was hand-raising. Anyway,
three weeks later, the puppy is 10 weeks old and is doing better. Or so I
thought.

Today, the puppy nipped my 10 year old in the face leaving marks where she
broke the skin under his lip. What am I going to do? I have been trying
different things with her nipping, as she has been drawing blood. We all
thought she was catching on. We do the OUCH, yell NO, have tried holding her
muzzle (makes her more aggressive), I even put Bitter Apple on my hands.  When
will she stop the nipping?

My fear is that she may turn into an aggressive adult. Although, she is great
with people and other dogs. On the other hand, she is a puppy and needs to
learn how to behave. How do I know if I truly have an aggressive dog at this
age, and not just a pup that needs training? She has growled at me when I
first got her, when I picked her up from under the bushes. But that was weeks
ago, and she does seem better except for today's incident. I work with her
maybe 5 minutes a day on sit, down, and come and she is a very smart dog. She
will start puppy school next week for socialization. Please let me know what
you think. Thanks.

Eileen Milzcik