Re: [PyrNet-L] size

clhenke@juno.com wrote:

> Lisa,  Frankly and for the most part I think not.  Top dog simply means
> the most money spent to campaign the dog, not that he is the actual
> best.  Money talks when you get into that range of the show world!   Plus
> good breeding requires study, knowledge of what each animal posesses (
> that includes what the females offer ), and frankly even when you do all
> your homework, time and a gamble!  I would have to really think a lot of
> the dog, and his bloodlines, as well as all the other checks for health,
> before I would even think of using the so called " Top Dog ", I just
> don't think one is always synonymous with the other!

That's about what I was trying to say<G> - Just want to add this - be
honest about the faults of you bitch and honestly look for the faults of
the male. It is a crap shoot no matter how well one does one's homework
but one still needs to do the homework to increase the odds of a good
result, this last sentence was taught me by a long time breeder(not
Pyrs) that is well respected in the dog world.

Lisa