Re: Re(2): [PyrNet-L] Failure of Rescue

It seems to me that this would be one way to
> limit the operation of puppy mills, whose puppies would have a much more
> limited market if they couldn't be sold with "papers."

Unfortunately AKC is not the only registry and they WILL go through other
registeries.  Most of the pet shop papers I have seen have been through
other registries.  Which is kindof what is happening right now.   There are
organizations that are threatening to boycott AKC if they go through with
the mandatory DNA registries for heavily used Sires (not sure if it is the
same for Dams - should be!).   AKC really needs to be reassured that the
majority of us out there support this action.   The more clarrification and
control they can get (although it may be inconvenient - I think well worth
it!) the better the pure-bred's chances are.

Lara Spears