Re: [pyrnet] Behavior: rescue pyr attack on cat

Tara,
    I would find another home for this Pyr if you can.  I have known a couple of
people who had Pyrs that were cat killers, but those dogs just could not be
trained to leave the cats alone.  In one case the dog had been attacked by a cat
as a pup and hated cats.  The other one had a cat next door that would torment
him.  For whatever the reason, these dogs would chase and kill any cats they
could see....one of them also went after squirrels.  Although this kind of
behavior seems very un-Pyrlike to me, obviously these dogs had decided that cats
are dangerous  I wouldn't run the risk of placing a dog like that with a cat.
Charlotte