Re: [pyrnet] thyroid question

On 16 Sep 2003 at 19:27, bamb@monmouth.com wrote:
> I should have added that Bo always had high cholesterol as well. About
> in the 450 range I think. (paperwork is still packed) He lived to be
> 12.5 years and I attributed the higher cholesterol to the fact that he
> was fed a considerable amount of raw meat in his diet.

High cholesterol is an indicator pointing to possible thyroid dysfunction.  It's the same
in people.  It's a stubborn high that changing diet or meds won't lower unless thyroid
meds are started.

Full thyroid panel would need to be done.  There's other stuff in the bloodwork panel
that can be off that would also point to possible thyroid dysfunction.  The most
common is high cholesterol.

Janice, janices@austin.rr.com
Lana & Linsey (newfs), Sonny (pyr)
http://home.austin.rr.com/janices