[DL] Rather longish list of questions about period weaponry from Law Dogs

Howdy,

I am aware, that this list is full of people, who know much about 19 century
weapons. So, can You help me? After reading Law Dogs, some specific
questions spring to my mind:

a) Adams rev and Remington Navy Pistol - why standard 3d6 damcode for .50
guns?

b) Kerr's Patent - his stats are almost repeated in DA section, along with 2
action speed! Why?

c) Frontier & Frontier 44-70 - can You share some informations about those
firearms?

d) American Pepperbox - Err, does "18 shots" means that this monster was 18
barrel pepperbox???

e) Bullard Express - I saw picture of this rifle and it looked like lever
action. Which firing system was used in Bullard?

f) Enfield Rifle Musket - In basic rulebook this one is listed as a
blackpowder weapon with range of 10. In Law Dogs it does have range of 25
and makes quite good sniping rifle. Any comments? Was it really smoothbore,
blackpowder musket?

g) Colt Paterson 1836 - Monster, nonetheless. It has very good stats for a
1836 weapon. Is this realistic?

h) Winchester 76 - stats in LD are different from stats in DL rulebook. Does
that rifle really deserves unusual damcode (4d8+2) and high price (40$!)?

That's all (for now, at least). Any discussion about period firearms will be
greatly appreciated. Also, can You point me to some good websites that
discusses
Old West weapons? (I'm more interested in good knowledge, than pretty
pictures)

Yours

Tomasz F Misiorek

---
sprawdz sekcje sercowa i wyslij za naszym posrednictwem swoja WALENTYNKE
 http://www.promocja.kki.pl/walentynki/walentynki.html
---