Re: [DL] The dreaded Gatling debate [Shane, HELP!]

>>Interesting, our gunslinger tried fanning a few times and found it was
pretty much ineffectual. <<

Really?  The guy playing a gunslinger in our game fans quite a bit and does
craploads of damage.  Keep in mind he has a tendancy to roll raises a lot.  I
remember one time he had like 75 damage on one target before I told him to quit
rolling because the mook was dead anyway.  That plus the 15 or so from his first
shot, we didn't even bother with his last four (three of which hit the target).
I find fanning works good against things that resist damage really well.  Six
bullets in a werewolf is as good as three in a normal guy.  It's also easier to
fill an undead full of shots to the guts (the most likely place to hit on a
randomly determined hit location) with fannin' (-2 to each shot IIRC) and
incapacitate him and then take a second to reload and pop him a few times in the
head at point blank than to call a shot to the head (-4 or -6 I can't remember,
that's what I get for relying on my Marshal's screen instead of memorising
them).  Of coarse, I don't tell my players this, but they're clever enough to
figure it out on their own.