Re: [pyrnet] Re: Boarding puppers (sick pyr)

The carpet should be OK with the steam cleaning. Be careful with
Lysol cleaner as it is toxic for dogs and probably does nothing
about whips. Make sure it is completely dry before they walk on
it. Bleach is the only thing that works to kill whip. As long as
you're using Interceptor, you should be OK. I myself, would get a
hose end sprayer (like the ones you apply lawn and garden
fertilizer with) fill it with bleach and apply it at a rate of at
least 2-4 tbsp.. per gallon. Figures out to about 2-4 ozs. per
gallon. Pick a day where the yard will dry quickly, let the dogs
out to potty, then spray away and soak well. I know people who
use the 2 oz. per gallon ratio for flea control and it does not
hurt the grass. Check with the Vet though. Make sure the yard is
dry before letting them out there again. I'd say to do this once
a week for at least a couple of weeks. I always used straight
bleach but that was only when I spot treated right where they had
gone. I had a dog with whip about 15 years ago and the other dogs
didn't get it but better to be safe than sorry.

Barb Bowes
Bo, Molly, Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com