[pyrnet] not bathing!!

Agreed Charlotte re over bathing of coat.  Bridget a method I use is a
bucket of very hot water (rubber gloves on) drop in an old towel (s) and
then pull out towel and rub right through Pyr's coat all over the body,legs
etc. Another couple of dry towels and rub again. Amazing the amount of dirt
lifted out of the coat. I don't put any shampoo in the water, just hot water
and rub very hard!!  I use this method inbetween shows.  Have you noticed
Charlotte that some Pyrs seem to have cleaner coats than others? They just
don't seem to attract the dirt and if they do then a good brush is all that
is needed.  Others have these coats that never look clean a week after a
bath no matter what you do. Old Arthur who passed on last week had a
glorious white coat (dark head markings) seldom bathed but came up
beautifully with a good grooming.  The little lad from hell here has the
same lovely white coat and so easy to clean up!!
Jan

---