[WW] Into the desert: Answers

Dear recruits!

By now we have seven interested players (well, 6 players, one lurker).
Not bad for a start.

To answer a few questions, that have cropped up:

I have received three offers about mailing list servers. I'd suggest
you three guys get in contact and work out who will set it up. I just
care that it works ;-).

On that list, the story will be evolving. So there will be my official
posts and the players actions (what you _intend_) I will sum up what
really _happened_ in my "result" mail.

This will usually happen about twice a week (unless I am drowning in
work, in which case I will tell you so). Any questions or "secret
suggestions" that other players would not glean (like sneaking around,
hiding etc.) may be mailed to me directly. I will answer that way,
too. Ooc topics should be held to a minimum.

For roleplaying purposes I would like everybody to use first person
speech as much as possible.

Oh, btw, David, this is neat:

> Carmen Spicoli was born in Italy in 1941. His father was Italian and his
> mother German. In 1944 him and his family moved to Berlin. He got mediocre
> grades through school so when he turned 18 he decided to join the army.

This guy grows up fast ;-). Unfortunately, even in the Wehrmacht he
will not receive a rifle at the time we start (summer 1941). I am sure
he will a noticable career in the Bundeswehr, starting in 1959 ;-).

BUT, this is a good first example of character generation:

Write up an idea, a concept first. Then we'll worry about how to get
it into stats. Once the concepts are hewn into stone we can start the
campaign (by then I will hopefully have my copy of WW).

Which brings me to the dice...

Character generation: If you wish to make up your character, do so
truthfully. roll 7 times 4d6, drop the lowest die and then drop the
lowest result (It's my own variation). But do this ONLY, once you have
submitted a character concept with me. If your rolls are really bad,
consult with me, we'll work up something, that isn't necessarily
reflected in the stats (YES, it can be WORTHWHILE to have bad stats).
There are no bad characters, just bad players ;-).

When I have received a copy of every character sheet, we can finally
start.

Ingame dice: I will probably ask you to include a set of 6 d20 rolls
in your posting and if I need something, I will roll a d6 to select
one. But i will be open to any other feasible suggestion. I don't care
to control every die roll, my goal is to provide everyone (yes,
including me ;-) with fun. If somebody keeps rolling 17, 18, 19, 20
all the time, I _will_ notice.

So basically I am asking you to be honest. This is not an exam, after
all.

Any suggestion how you would like to handle the dice (and damage
rolls?)

So now, get your heads smoking and the character ideas rolling in.
They can be simple, but I would really like them to have some depth
(family, friends, profession, life so far). Not everybody is a rocket
scientist - otherwise you would not be in the infantry ;-)

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Arne Reuter

--
TSE GmbH Neue Medien, Hovestr.14, 48351 Everswinkel
Tel: +49 2582 66180            FAX: +49 2582 661833